Saturday, May 23, 2015

So Cal Link Up


I've said it before and I'll say it again....Southern California is the most amazing place in the entire world!!! I am SO lucky to live here and I'm very excited to be a part of the So Cal Link Up! I took a break from the blogging world for awhile and this just seemed like the perfect way to get back into the swing of things!
Easy Teaching Tools
I'm 100% a beach person. Snow, rain, freezing temperatures...all thing cold terrify me.  I live in a small town in San Diego called Solana Beach. I'm at the beach multiple times a week.  I just happen to live a mile from the beach. Not just any beach...but DOG beach! 
 If I'm not teaching, I'm at dog beach with my love, Diego the beagle. He's one spoiled puppy!

Picture perfect sunsets all year long! 

 Solana Beach Cliffs
View from happy hour with a friend!

So, are you ready to move to California yet? I like to think of the ridiculous taxes as "Sunny Day" taxes :) 
I've partially been MIA because this happened in April...AT THE BEACH!!!! He did the BEST job ever and included all my favorite people in world.  I'm the luckiest :) The next day my student's immediately asked me, "Do we get to come to the wedding?"

And of course...we will be getting married at the BEACH! :)...with NO STUDENTS present! 

I'm slowly getting into the groove of creating items for TPT.  Hopefully I will find some inspiration at the TPT Vegas Conference this summer! At the end of the year, I try to crank out as many little things as I can before I leave for summer break.  I will be making a few of these for next year.  Enjoy these Absent Folder covers! Print, glue, laminate, bam....set and ready for August! 

An InLinkz Link-up
Before you leave, don't forget to enter the giveaway!


Don't forget to enter the giveaway!!! Have a wonderful long Memorial Day weekend everyone :)


6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your engagement! What a memorable and fun proposal. My state. Connecticut, also has high taxes but not a lot of the amazing weather! Maybe I'm on the wrong coast!
    Jan
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to meet you Katie!! He's a keeper! Darling pup, too!! Enjoy the beach this weekend!!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your engagement!! How cute was that?!!? Cute blog too!
    xo,
    Vicky
    Teaching and Much Moore

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the freebie, and the chance to win a Tieks giftcard!!!

    Here is my link https://www.pinterest.com/adecker2291/giveaways/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! what a memorable way to be asked! I love the weather and beaches here...I'm just up the coast in Carlsbad. Thank you for the Freebie. I was just thinking that I needed to make some new 'Absent' folders.
    Pauline @ First Grade by the Sea

    ReplyDelete
  6. How precious was your engagement, I had no idea!

    ReplyDelete