Tuesday, February 3, 2015

February Pinterest Pick 3 Link-Up!

I'm so excited to link up with Pawsitively Teaching and The Inspired Owl's Corner for their February Pinterest Pick 3 Link-Up. Pinterest has saved me SOOO many times. I LOVE it!!


I can spend hours on Pinterest! It's both fun and dangerous :) Here are my top three teaching pins that I plan on using this month.


Do you use Close Reading strategies in your classroom?  Our district is really focused on using Close Reading strategies in all subjects. I'm always looking for appropriate texts for students to have a "productive struggle" with. Using these sheet protectors is brilliant! I'm excited to try this and use our textbooks more for Close Reading.



Have you ever avoided teaching something because you just don't get it, or you just can't think of a creative way to present it, or you just don't have time!???

Well.....Homophomes are one of those things for me. It's not that I don't get them, they're just so boring!!! And as much as you repeat them and read about them and chant them the kids just don't get it! I saw these on Pinterest and they reminded me that I just can't put this off any longer! I appreciate the pictures and bright colors :)


During guided reading groups I've noticed that my students really need some work with their fluency!! I am going to spend some time making fluency centers that the students can use during one of their rotations. I came across this on Pinterest and just thought it was too cute to pass up. I think the students could really get into it if they got to use different voices while reading. 


Make sure to link up below! 








No comments: