Thursday, October 2, 2014

October Currently!

I'm linking up with Farley at Oh Boy Fourth Grade for the October Currently! I am SO excited it's finally October ... although it is the longest month of the whole school year.  It's a whole month without a single long weekend, holiday, or half day. Now that's SPOOOKY!


Listening: Okay I am finally admitting it... I like Taylor Swift's new song. No I'm not a 13 year old girl but hey it's catchy. It's quite addicting and just happens to be playing on the radio EVERY DAY on my way to work!

Loving: I love decorating for the seasons and Fall/Halloween have some of the best decorations. I'm digging these new mats I found at Home Goods.



Thinking: I don't know what it is about this week but I'm exhausted!!! Maybe it's the crazy 95 degree weather or my chatty class but it's time for the WEEKEND :)

Wanting: I am new to TPT and the blogging world.  So badly, I just want to sit with an experienced blogger and pick her brain.  Any California bloggers out there want to meet-up??? Any TPT experts that have tips or tricks to being successful??

Needing: Sleep??? Enough said. #teacherproblems #isitsummeryet

Treat: My new favorite website and resource for kid friendly, lexile leveled, interesting nonfiction texts = NewsELAYou can create a class and assign articles, print them out and use them for close reading, or project them and use them as a class.  This week my class has read about shark finning, Orca whales, and Minecraft!

Happy October Teachers!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Katie!!!! I'm ahead of you in the Currently Linky. I'm from New Zealand and we have that Taylor Swift song on the radio aaaallllll the time too. I'm not really a Taylor fan but it is catchy and I do sing along to it lol. Those new table mats are cute, we are heading into spring so we only have scary halloween stuff, no autumn/fall stuff. You're puppy is sooooooo cute too and I'm sure you will get there with your blogging and TPT store. Just link up to things like this and get yourself out there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute fall place mats! :) I agree, wouldn't it be great to have a TPT mentor or blogging mentor, sort of the way first year teachers do in a district? :) I just recently heard about NewsELA at a PLC I attended last week. Guess that means I better check it out since I've heard 2 glowing recommendations. Hope you have a great weekend and can catch up on some sleep!

    Sarah from Mrs. Jones Teaches :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The News ELA sounds cool- thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete