Thursday, September 11, 2014

Positive Thinking Thursday

I'm linking up with Jennifer over at Mrs. Laffin's Laughings for Positive Thinking Thursday! I love the idea of this linky party.  It is so easy to get wrapped up in all the ungraded papers on your desk, negative/stressed out/overworked teachers, crazy parents, lazy students, etc. It's important to remind ourselves why we are doing what we do and the difference that we are making!  Staying positive is not always easy so this linky party is a nice weekly reminder to smile :)



After getting some not so happy assessment scores this week, I wanted to inspire my students and myself with some positive reading quotes!

Source

Source

Source

Believe it or not, I HATED reading as a kid.  I was the kid that put my book below my desk so I could "secretly" play with my eraser instead of read.  I was never inspired by books, I was a slow reader, and reading = homework.  I work hard every day to inspire my students to read more so they don't have the same experience I did. 

Keep Calm and Read On!!! 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE reading! I will totally be using that Dr. Seuss quote you have during Read Across America to motivate my kids to continue reading =)

    ReplyDelete