Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Meet the Teacher Linky Party!

Hi blogger friends! I haven't blogged in awhile; it's been so crazy getting my classroom set up for the new school year.  I feel like I've really made it as a teacher...finally...after 4 years...I got a classroom with a kidney table!!!! You have no idea how exciting this is.  I've taught in closets the last 4 years...literally closets with no windows.  It's a big year folks!!!

I have been reading all the fun Meet the Teacher link-ups over at Falling Into First so I decided it's my turn.  Here is goes....


My name is Katie and I'm a 27 year old 4th grade teacher, newbie blogger, daughter, sister, girlfriend, and doggie Mom. I finally have a new classroom at a traditional public school.  This is my third year in fourth grade and before that I taught Kindergarten and first grade.


I've been with my boyfriend for 4 years and he brings a smile to my face every day! He is my best friend :) We have a fur child together... Diego the beagle puppy! He's the best dog ever and has completely changed our world!


This summer has been filled with lots of travels, naps, beach trips, blog stalking, and dog playing! It's been a loooonnng summer and I am really looking forward to getting back into the routine of school. 






THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS...

Puppies. Flowers. The beach. Sunshine. Polka dots. Crafts. Shopping. Clothes. Shoes. Scuba diving. Painting. Did I say Puppies? Photography. Target. Cold water. Nordstroms. Smiley faces. Blogging!

 IF YOU WEREN'T A TEACHER, WHAT WOULD YOU WANT TO BE?

I always thought I would end up being a doctor or nurse.  I am really good with blood and guts and I'm a people person.  But then I realized I had to take years of chemistry in college and BAM I decided teaching was for me! It's funny how things work out because I couldn't see myself doing anything else. Teaching has become my true passion and I feel so lucky to have a job I love. 

THREE LITTLE WORDS THAT DESCRIBE YOU.

Real. Compassionate. Focused.
 
FINISH THE SENTENCE, "________,  SAID NO TEACHER EVER!!"

"I really want to check crazy parent emails at 1am, SAID NO TEACHER EVER!!!"
Q: IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY AND YOU CAN INVITE ANYONE {DEAD OR ALIVE} TO THE PARTY. WHO ARE YOU INVITING?

SkippyJon Jones. I think he would have some great party convos!

Q: IF SOMEONE WROTE A BOOK ABOUT YOUR LIFE, WHAT WOULD BE THE TITLE?

Teacher By Day, Crazy Dog Person By Night


 Q:YOU GET TO PICK ONE SUPERPOWER. WHAT IS IT?
I want to be able to be invisible.  Have you ever wished you were that fly on the wall?

Q: WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE QUOTE OR SAYING?

"The greatest thing in life is to love and be loved in return."
Q: IF YOU HAD TO SING ONE SONG ON AMERICAN IDOL, WHAT WOULD IT BE? 

Shout out to my bestie Erin....

"Affirmation" by Savage Garden

Oh yeah! I'm a 90s kid :)

 Q: ARE YOU A MORNING PERSON OR A NIGHT OWL?

Neither!...is that a choice? I truly need 8+ hours of sleep a night or I can't function so that makes me a... Day Person?!

Q: WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE RESOURCE THAT YOU'VE CREATED IN YOUR TPT SHOP?

 I'm just starting out on the TPT train so I don't have very much in my store YET. I spent a long time created my Puppy Classroom Decor Pack so that's probably what I'm most proud of.


Q: SHARE SOMETHING WE MIGHT NOT KNOW ABOUT YOU! 

I LOVE to cook!!! Before I started a teaching blog, I attempted to start a cooking blog.  I got a Kitchen Aid mixer for Christmas a few years back and it's my best friend.  I love to bake, experiment with spices, and make savory dinners for the BF! This is a Key Lime Pie I made this summer.  It turned out YUMMMY :)


Join in on the fun by linking up with Falling Into First


8 comments:

  1. Katie,

    First of all, I am totally obsessed with my dogs and I immediately fell in love with your blog because YOU love dogs too! Congratulations on finally getting a classroom! I am so jealous. Those closets get really small after a while! ;) Savage Garden was my life in High School! Love it!

    Lauren
    http://laurenpat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dog are the best!! What kind of dogs do you have?

      Delete
  2. I LOVE my Kitchen Aid mixer too! I just got mine in the spring but it is fantastic! Other than desserts, I especially like making delicious mashed potatoes. Have a great day!
    -Lisa
    Grade 4 Buzz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to try making mashed potatoes with it! Yum

      Delete
  3. Yay for stepping up in the classroom world! Did you say you have windows now too? First, that key lime pie is like, um, mouthwatering. Second, your puppy is adorable. Third, that whole Savage Garden CD...I used to listen to it all the time. In fact, I think I still have it somewhere! Are you on Bloglovin?

    Terrific Teaching and Learning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES windows!! YAY I just signed up for Bloglovin so you should be able to find me there now :)

      Delete
  4. Haha! I had a classroom with no windows for four years... I taught a class of 25 students in that class... when I left that school, they turned the classroom into a teachers' lounge... it was that small! I love my big classroom with windows now! :)

    Hope you have a great year teaching!

    Bobbi
    Bitty Bilinguals

    ReplyDelete