Friday, August 1, 2014

Five for Friday (8/1)

I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday!

I'm still waiting anxiously to see my new classroom, meet the other 4th grade teachers, and to start planning! I'm patiently (okay not really) waiting for my Erin Condren planner in the mail.  I hope it comes in time!!! For the first time in awhile, I'm kind of excited for school to start!


At the beginning of the week, we went to Petco Park's (where the Padres play) Dog Days of Summer event with Diego.  We got a bazillion free dog treat samples (yay for free things!), got to walk on the field, and got 2 free tickets to watch the game! Diego was super overwhelmed but he loved watching the game....and eating some peanuts :)



Later this week, the boy and I flew to Seattle for the weekend.  We are going to a wedding about an hour outside the city, so we decided to come early and be the ultimate tourists! I've never been to Seattle so it's been fun exploring.  We did Pike's Place yesterday! Dinner at the Space Needle tonight!


While we are gone, we had to leave the pup at doggie camp.  The camp has cameras set up so you can watch your dog while you're gone.  Yes...we are those crazy dog people...and proud of it!


Can you find Diego?


This week I've been working on printing and laminating my Puppy Theme Decor Pack! I can't wait to decorate my room with all the new doggie decorations I've created.  More pictures and details to come soon!


Book buckets are ready to go! How do you organize your classroom library? By genre? By reading level?



I recently discovered Mod Podge!!! I realize I am a bit behind the times with this one but that doesn't discount how excited I am about this new discovery! I got the paper version and the regular version.  I also found these cute red containers at Michaels.  What should I fill them with????





Even though school doesn't start for about 3 weeks, I am starting to think about what I am doing the first week of school.  One of my favorite projects is this Apple Art.  The students get to divide their apple into large sections.  In each section they have to draw symbols or small pictures that represent them.  They outline in crayon, water color over the crayon, cut out the apple, mount on fun paper, and voila...beautiful and individualized art project! This is not the best example I have; it just happen to be on my phone. They usually come out amazing and are so colorful on the wall.  I keep their art all year in their portfolios.  The students love to rediscover this piece at the end of the year! They are always very proud of it.


Well that's it for my first Five for Friday!

6 comments:

  1. Great blog and adorable pup! Your title is wicked cute, too! Can you tell that I love dogs, too? My dog even has her own blog: http://www.gabithedog.blogspot.com/
    (just so you know there are crazier dog people out there; only dog people really get it any way).
    I've always wanted to go to Seattle, too! I'm your newest follower as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan! Doggies are the best :) Love the dog blog!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! I am going to post a template and more examples next week!

      Delete
  3. There is nothing better than getting a new Erin Condren planner in the mail!! When mine comes, I just flip through it, organize, plan, and put stickers in! LOL. It's the little things in life, right!?!? :)

    -Liz
    TheHappyTeacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds amazing! I'm SO SO excited :)

      Delete