Thursday, July 10, 2014

What's your NextLesson?

I'm linking up with Teaching Trio for Technology Thursday! I'm constantly searching for useful websites that I can use with my students.  This website is going to be a big part of my teaching year as far as lesson planning and student engagement.  At my new school, I am only going to have 3 desktop computers so I love that I am going to be able to print these resources, it's not just online.



A colleague of mine introduced me to this new company NextLesson.  It’s an online resource for lessons, projects, and now performance tasks! They recently launched a new performance task section, which is going to be great practice for the Common Core state testing.  The best part of this company is that they strive to be “Real Life.” Projects are based around real life statistics and topics.  What Fourth Grade student wouldn’t want to learn about their favorite movie or sport teams? Each performance task has several versions, which is great for differentiation and student choice.  Check out the free lessons that are posted or get more access to lessons for a small price!



I’m looking forward to using this in my class this year! I hope you can find it useful too!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I will check it out!
    Juliet
    The Tech Crazy Teacher
    Teaching Trio

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds very engaging! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kiddos will love this. The "Shop Till You Drop" lesson for 4th grade looks really neat. Thanks so much for sharing! I can't wait to check this out with my students.
    -Tracy

    4th Grade Dynamic Duo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh fabulous! Thank you for sharing!! I am adding this to a favorites folder right now!!

    Cassie
    Funky in Fourth

    ReplyDelete