Monday, July 28, 2014

Monday Made-it!

I'm linking up with 4th Grade Frolics for Monday Made-it!  I finally finished some projects I've been working on....and ruined a nice shirt in the process!
I've spent a lot of time having fun making decorations and cute things for my class! I need to start thinking about planning...ekk!!! Why does that always seem so much harder? I'm hoping to actually see my classroom and get keys soon! I'm feeling so behind not even knowing how many students I'll have or where the bathroom even is!!!!

Burlap Banner! I got this idea from Seusstastic Classroom Inspirations. I got all the supplies from Michaels (can you believe I've never been to a Hobby Lobby!). They actually had sheets of burlap sold like scrapbook paper.  This made the measuring and cutting so much easier.

I've never worked with Burlap before.  It absorbs the paint very quickly and I ended up using way more paint than I anticipated.  I bought a pack of stencils because my Cricket is hiding in my mess of a construction house. It would be very easy to make stencils on the Cricket for this.  The sponge brushes worked fantastically! 


I just need to string them all together and hang it up! I'm super happy how it turned out. My Mom has already put her order in for a Third Grade one.

With the help of my Uncle, I actually got a piece of wood, stained it, and attached my dog head hooks! This purse/coat holder turned out absolutely adorable.  I went with a lighter stain to match my house. The dog heads are door knobs so they came with screw holes already in them! I love it when things work out so easily!


Everyone has been pinning these adorable projects with duck tape.  I've never really used duck tape so I wasn't sure what to do with it. I bought some fun prints when I was at Michaels.  I am currently tutoring a student who refuses to use her finger to guide her as she reads.  She struggles with fluency and I know this will help her! I thought if I made a cute bookmark then maybe...just maybe... she would use it to guide her form line to line.  I'll let you know if I can convincer her it will help!



I just wrapped it around some card stock, cut off any parts that were still sticky, tied a ribbon on top, and ta-da you have a bookmark! I'm going to make a set for my class and just keep them in the library. I'm still hunting down the paw print duck tape.  Let me know if you find some!

Since I've started blogging, I wake up in the middle of the night with crazy ideas and a never-ending list of things I need to do!!!  Has this happened to anyone???  Diego, the pup, isn't too happy about the early mornings!


13 comments:

  1. Love the burlap banner! I feel your panic about the planning. My to do list is growing rapidly rather than shrinking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your burlap banner is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I linked up too and was checking out the sites! I love your Burlap Banner and your blog is so cute! ;)
    Tammy (The Owl Teacher)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the burlap banner. I made a burlap owl a couple of weeks ago to hang outside my door. I loved it. I found if I painted the burlap with a brown paint that matched the original color of the burlap, I didn't have to use as much of the colored paint on top. I'm wanting to make more in the shape of a pencil for a write banner. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, I love your burlap banner!!! It came out so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the burlap pencil banner! Super cute! Hope your having a great summer!:)

    Alma

    Mrs. Solis Teaching Treasures

    ReplyDelete