Monday, July 21, 2014

I'm Back! and Monday Made It

Hey Blog Friends! It's been awhile since I've posted.  I've been trying hard to soak up every bit of summer before the school year comes running back into my life. I went up to Northern California to visit my Aunt and her new puppy, Dilly.  Diego (my pup) and his new cousin Dilly had an absolute blast playing together.  Diego got to experience a lake for the first time...he's still not too sure about the water!

Then the Boy took me to Santa Catalina Island for a birthday getaway.  We went scuba diving and kayaking. We only go diving about once a year and this was the first time we've been in Catalina.  Every time I saw a new fish or giant kelp all I could think about was..."How can I use this in a science lesson!" I guess you know you're a teacher when everything around you hast he potential to be neat lesson!


Then my amazing Mom threw me a birthday party yesterday.  We had a delicious BBQ and enjoyed the new patio furniture! She spoiled Diego and I with some Sprinkles cupcakes! YUMMMM



While I was away, I had some fun things come in the mail! I ordered these on Oriental Trading Company to use in my class this year.  I always loved my birthday as a kid..okay maybe I still do...so I love to make my students feel special on their birthday's. I got these "All About Me" posters for the first week of school.  It's a great way to get to know the kiddos and eases them into the idea of homework after a whole summer off!  The pencils are for the first day of school! You can never have too many pencils :)



And now for the Monday Made It over at Fourth Grade Frolics...or should I say Want to Make it Monday! 

With my house under construction, my DIY projects have been on hold.  These are two things I plan on making this week! The first is an idea I got from Seusstastic Classroom Inspiration. I've never worked with burlap but I absolutely love this! I can't wait to see how it turns out.

My other project for this week is from a friend of mine. She used doggie wine toppers to make this adorable rack. I found the dog heads on Etsy

I've got a busy week ahead! More posts coming soon!



1 comment:

  1. I was so excited to read your dog's name is Diego! I have a Diego, too!
    Btw, the burlap banner is adorable :)

    Stacy (newest follower)
    Second Grade Sweetie Pies

    ReplyDelete