Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Favorite Read Aloud Books

My wonderful class gave me an Amazon giftcard at the end of the year.  It's been burning a whole in my pocket so I've decided to spend it on read aloud books for next year. Kids are never too old to be read to! They absolutely love coming back from lunch, relaxing for 20 minutes, and listening to an interesting story.  I over exaggerate my expressions and make funny voices for the characters.  During the year, the students use the read aloud books to make connections and refer to in their Writer's Notebooks.  It teaches how to read with expression and voice.  Here are some of my favorite Fourth Grade real aloud books. My first read aloud of the year is All About Sam by Lois Lowry.  It is so adorable and always has the kids in stitches.  It really gets them hooked on the idea of read aloud and makes them excited about the next book.
The following are other read aloud books I use during the year.






Some books that I'm thinking of adding to my Amazon wish list are...

What read aloud books are your favorite? Help me build my wish list!

2 comments:

  1. Your blog is adorable. I am a total dog lover and love "where no puppy is left behind." Too cute! I just read Wonder a couple of weeks ago and it was a great read. For me, it was a tear jerker and I am not sure I could read it aloud to my class without crying. I also read The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate. It is about a girl who wants to be a scientist when she grows up. It is during a time when girls grew up to be a wife and mother, not a scientist. I love the theme of a child being curious and wondering about things around them. Full of great teaching moments.
    2 Smart Wenches

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blog! So cute. I recently purchased "Wonder" and I LOVE IT. I am almost finished and I recommend it as a classroom read aloud. You should read it first however. It can be a difficult thing to talk about with kiddos and you should be prepared. :) Thanks for stopping by my blog, I am your newest follower!

    Cassie
    Funky in Fourth

    ReplyDelete